Terms & Conditions
To ensure fair access to all, the following conditions apply:
- Content of subscriptions is subject to change. We have
added hundreds of millions of records at no extra charge. Record sets
are rarely removed.
- We will endeavour to ensure that the service is always available as
is reasonably practicable.
- Use of the service is strictly limited to personal use
(except for Business Plus, Professional Premium & Library Premium
subscriptions, see below).
- Access will be available for one user only (except
library subscriptions). Simultaneous access from multiple computers can cause
suspension of your account.
- We reserve the right to impose a fair usage limit and the right to suspend
the service in cases of misuse.
- Providing a look-up service will cause immediate suspension without
- Those proven to be using our service to provide a look-up service
to others will be liable to a charge of £5 per distinct name for
which they have searched and £10 for each result viewed.
- Professional Premium subscriptions are for professional genealogists
offering a service to research a full family history
not simply looking up one or more names on request. It may not be used
to offer a look-up service and such use will cause immediate suspension
of the subscription without refund.
- Only Business Plus accounts can be used by probate research services
and other non family history commercial usage.
- Cancellation of subscriptions must be made in writing
(by letter/email) at least two weeks before the next payment due date.
Cancellations will not take effect before the end of any minimum sign-up
- All paid subscriptions (excluding pay-as-you-go) will renew automatically (unless
cancelled, see above) to ensure you continue to receive the benefits
of the ever-increasing range of genealogy data.
- Cancelling your credit card or payment details does not cancel your obligation to pay
for the minimum period and this will affect your credit rating.
- Credits have no monetary value - they are a means of ensuring fair
- Content of a subscription may not always include material that we
licence from another provider. Such databases may be charged on a cost-per-search
basis and are licenced to us on the understanding that we do not offer
them as part of another subscription.
- To prevent abuse of this service we reserve the right to change these
terms and conditions without notice.
- Any attempt to rip image sequences or datasets will be subject to
a charge of £1 per image or line of data.
- The information, products, and services included on this web site
may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically
added to the information herein. Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd and provides all content in this site "as is "
and without any warranty of any kind.
- Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd makes no representations
concerning the suitability, reliability or accuracy of the content or
the service provided on the site for any purpose. We disclaim all warranties,
expressed or implied, in connection with the content and the services
provided on the site, including conditions of merchantability, fitness
for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no case will
we be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special or other damages
including, without limitation, lost or delay of use, lost profits, loss
of data or any other damage in contract, tort, equity or any other legal
theory, even if advised of the possibility thereof.
You are purchasing a Premium Web Service: Under the Distance Selling Regulations, because you are purchasing a premium website service that begins immediately, you may not cancel this order once payment has been taken.
- Look-up: Looking up information in our databases on behalf of others, whether or not for payment
Exceptions to the above:
- Professional agencies who offer a people-tracing service may purchase
a special People-Tracer BMD or Business Plus subscription.. Those interested
should contact us for more information about this subscription. All
other terms still apply.
- Libraries, societies, institutes, etc may purchase a Library Premium subscription which can be used at their premises by any of their members/visitors. Those interested should contact
us for more information about this subscription. All other terms still apply.
- We do not release personal details to companies outside of the S&N Group.
- We publish an email newsletter (Which you can opt out of here).
- We take name, address and email address to process your order; this information will not be passed on to third parties outside of the S&N Group. The information will only be used to process your order and to identify you when you request support.
- You can change your personal details here.
- We use use some cookies to identify you when you use this website. For more information on these, please click here.
This site is owned and operated by Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd -
Directors Sue and Nigel Bayley.
Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd, PO Box 530, Jersey JE4 8XX
For Support see our help
wizard which includes an email support form.